Find a Pro in Custer, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How do you choose the appropriate exterior paint color?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home, choosing a classic color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to improve how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should go with the overarching aesthetic you're going for and the ambiance you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the tendency to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that sticks out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bright enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more pleasant and comfortable.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually give you a high-quality outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you have the tools and experience to perform the job to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to carry out the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the industry will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup, you need to a painter to do it all. With their high-quality practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is done with close attention to detail and sticking to high-quality standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to conduct the job with outstanding craftsmanship. Remarkable craftsmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint stick and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking the following steps:
- Pressure wash: Removing dirt and grime gives you a clean area to start working on, so using power washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can fix irregularities on exterior siding so that you can work on a smooth texture.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a streamlined result.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by placing drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint adhere.
What is the price associated with painting the exterior of a residential property?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story property can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story property. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's aesthetic appeal and keep it safe from the elements at all times. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how experienced your painter is because it can mean high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you a free estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies in Custer, Kentucky
Begin looking for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Custer, Kentucky. If your property needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the qualifications and experience to offer outstanding services. You can upgrade your home's design with fresh paint that offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By recruiting a painter to handle the job, you're making sure it'll be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly search for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out other exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Browsing through professional profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our free app. It's streamlined and hassle-free to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the job near them. You can even direct message contractors, request an estimate, and set up an appointment all in one place.
Go over the details of the job with an exterior painting professional who can deliver beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Painting projects can boost your home value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right color, sheen, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local professionals ready to start the project and carry out exceptional craftsmanship. Get excellent results by using our app and get in touch with a skilled exterior painting contractor to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.