Find a Pro in Custer, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to provide?
Examples of the functions an expert painter generally performs include:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to pick the ideal colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time sticking to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter knows this and can handle this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they discover things like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These areas need to be addressed before painting can commence, of course. Your professional could then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall repairs, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When enlisting a professional painter, you likely don't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much will painters usually charge by the hour?
The average painting contractor's cost of services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, and that excludes materials or tax.
Take into account that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting specialist per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that cost.
What are the benefits of updating my residence through interior painting?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting projects:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A good paint job can display to potential buyers that you have taken good care of your property. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not considering selling your home in the near future, a proper interior paint job by an expert painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when factoring in the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. Assuming you have not painted your home in the past few years or have boring colors that you either don't like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many people are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors in your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on what color scheme you select, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), energetic and productive (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Having your interior painted protects your house now and prevents future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are manufactured with materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture can result in degraded walls which can be dangerous to your house's structural integrity. Water behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health concerns. Paint enables you to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your home.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. In case you or your family have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your home. A new coat of paint also limits dust and other toxins to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: All homes have flaws and blemishes. Walls often contain dents, dings, and marks from the use of your home over the years. Having your house's interior painted eliminates those cosmetic issues and can make your home look refreshed and clean. A new paint color for your interior can also modernize your home.
What is the slowest season of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking during the winter months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The colder conditions often keep most homeowners from doing home improvement projects, so painters are more readily available.
Accordingly, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they normally do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
Experienced Home Painting Contractors Near Near Custer, KY
When you're looking for a reliable residential painter near Custer, KY, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that provides a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a beautifully painted house can elevate your peace and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also supplies several practical benefits for its longevity. Paint works as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your house inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is a convenient site that brings together all the necessary information to let you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of reputable painters in Custer, KY and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly communicate with expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for a pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.