Find a pro in Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Elizabethtown, Kentucky
If you need roofing maintenance services in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.