Find a Pro in Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What features should affect your choice of exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to boost the appearance of your home with help from a knowledgeable and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should consider when selecting a color pattern for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overall look you're going for and the mood you want to form. Make the space your own, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the ability to put you at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are bright enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a property feel more cozy and content.
How can hiring an exterior painting professional enhance your project?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will typically give you a high-quality outcome than you could bring about by yourself. DIY jobs rarely go as you hope unless you have the materials and skills to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair flaws, homeowners can hire an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The training they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the level of quality exhibited in their workmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you should a painter to do it all. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How should one prep a home for exterior painting?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it is completed with close attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are prepared with the training, materials, and strategies to do the project with excellent craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship begins with taking first steps that let the paint adhere and look beautiful for a long time. These are some of the steps you should take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using power washing tools is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky parts that have been left behind.
- Get surface ready: Surface repair compounds can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a flat texture.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to let the paint adhere.
Can you offer an estimate of the cost included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can cost approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it damage-free from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can result in high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a local painting contractor who can assess the project and provide you with a free quote for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Search for Exterior Painting Companies Near Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Begin looking for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, so you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the qualifications and background to provide excellent services. You can improve your home's aesthetic with fresh paint that simultaneously offers a durable barrier preventing damage. By seeking out a painter to take care of the project, you're ensuring it will be of the highest quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can quickly search for professionals, check ratings, and read customer reviews. Homeowners can see previous exterior painting jobs to gain a better idea of their level of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our no-charge app. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to choose the best professional for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message professionals, ask for an estimate, and schedule an appointment all on one platform.
Go over the project details with an exterior painter who can give you useful tips and help you decide on an attractive color combination. Painting can raise your home value and generally make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a place. Thumbtack is here to make your home improvement visions come true with help from many local contractors prepared to roll up their sleeves and perform excellent work. Get outstanding results by downloading our app and reach out to an experienced professional to handle every step in the process with careful attention to detail.