Find a pro in Eminence, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Eminence, Kentucky
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Eminence, Kentucky, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.