Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Flatwoods, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Kentucky // Flatwoods
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly advantageous home improvement task that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent benefits of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy way to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get high-quality outcomes when you hire a vetted contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is critical to make sure your cabinets come out as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
I've heard of cabinet refacing - is it the same as refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are distinct differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the present doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features its own unique approach and imparts a distinctive effect in the style of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits about wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, including the quality of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be repeated depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable project to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Flatwoods, KY have reported spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Flatwoods, KY Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Flatwoods, KY have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Flatwoods, KY confidently.