Find a pro in Garrison, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Garrison
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Garrison, KY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Garrison, KY. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.