Find a Pro in Georgetown, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the average labor cost to paint the inside of a house?
The cost to paint the inside of your residence depends on the dimensions of the area. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more low-cost than an entire home, especially a spacious one.
You should expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a local painter to paint the inside of your residence. You'll pay less if you paint the space yourself or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need structural repair, or want accent walls.
How long is the recommended interval for repainting the outer walls of a residence?
There are a few evident signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can create problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's never a bad idea to hire painting specialists.
What makes this hard for people is there is no set deadline to repaint, because every home is different. Most professionals say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
After buying a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing detailed information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It could be useful to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the home was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dried.
What all will a house painter do?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can help with:
- Advise the Best Colors: When struggling to choose the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your vetted professional.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep work before painting commences.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the paint job, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will tell you if they find things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your service may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Repairs: Professional painters are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing a professional painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the typical hourly cost for painters?
Normally, a painting contractor's cost of labor varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting taxes or overhead included.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay an expert painter hourly. That's only for the work being done. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint is not reflected in that cost.
Experienced Residential Painters Serving Near Georgetown, Kentucky
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter near Georgetown, Kentucky, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and needs. Painting your home is an excellent choice to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively low-cost and quick home improvement project that gives a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or offer great suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your residence also features plenty of practical benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even lengthen the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing capability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your property inside and out, notably increasing its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that organizes all the important information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Georgetown, Kentucky and nearby areas based on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly communicate with professional residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.