Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glencoe, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Kentucky // Glencoe
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why will cabinet refinishing be beneficial?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple method to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality results when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets look as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and offers a certain result in the look of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I determine if cabinet refinishing is the best option to bring my vision to reality?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective project to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Glencoe, KY have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Find a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Glencoe, KY
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Glencoe, KY have reported spending as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less disruptive to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glencoe, KY confidently.