Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Glendale, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some advantages of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a great way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to change their style versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you want. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique features a unique approach and gives a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times one can refinish cabinets is dependent on a few factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated is dependent on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A thorough cabinet refinishing service will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than installing new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Glendale, Kentucky have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Glendale, Kentucky Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and several homeowners in Glendale, Kentucky have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is much less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Glendale, Kentucky confidently.