Find a pro in Hawesville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hawesville, Kentucky. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Hawesville, Kentucky
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Hawesville, Kentucky. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Hawesville, Kentucky. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property right away.