Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Independence, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of purchase new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of buying new ones is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to guarantee your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of refacing cabinets - is that similar to refinishing them?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used together, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the existing doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and offers a certain outcome in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How many times should cabinets undergo refinishing?
One of the great advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture appear as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the durability of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be followed up depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
How will cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my home?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and matches your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Independence, KY have detailed paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is right for you.
One Platform Containing All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Independence, KY With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the aesthetic of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Independence, KY have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your home than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Independence, KY confidently.