Find a Pro in Irvine, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What's the common hourly charge for painters?
The average painter's cost of services varies between $22-$43 an hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Remember that this pricing is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. For that reason, that price does not include the cost of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Can interior painting give an adequate return on investment?
The short answer will be yes, and there are other valuable advantages to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your House: A professional paint job can display to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a residence that's on the market sooner, even above its asking price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your residence in the near future, a proper interior paint job by a professional painter could last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the best returns when considering the effect on home value and buyer interest.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: Because interior painting is a relatively inexpensive project to update your home, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comforting and happy place. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years or have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not feel like a space where you truly feel at peace. Additionally, many residents are working at home and/or staying home a lot more, so making the interior in your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you choose, a new paint color can affect your mood as you desire — peaceful and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted secures your residence now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. The majority of interior walls are manufactured with materials which easily absorb moisture. Over time, too much absorption can lead to compromised walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture inside walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may lead to health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from infiltrating the porous walls of your property.
- Strengthen Air Quality Throughout Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or zero volatile organic compounds. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge benefit and a great option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will boost your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Great: All residences contain flaws and imperfections. Walls frequently feature scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your residence over time. Getting your house's interior painted hides all imperfections and can make your room look updated and clean. A fresh coat of paint applied by a professional painter will also modernize your home with a contemporary look.
What's the time of minimum demand for painters?
One of the biggest advantages about hiring within the winter months is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The colder conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painters have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll charge a lower rates than what they normally charge in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are scheduled around the clock for months on end.
What is the typical labor price to paint the rooms of a house?
The price to paint the inside of your residence depends on the dimensions of the area. One 300-square-foot room will be much more economical than an entire house, especially a larger home.
You can expect to spend between $3 to $7 per square foot when employing a nearby professional to paint the inside of your residence. You'll spend less if you paint the house on your own or live in a region with low labor costs. However, some factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have tall ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
Discover a Professional House Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Irvine, KY
When you're looking for a good house painter in Irvine, KY, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a great option to breathe new life into your property while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that provides a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can elevate your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to life or offer excellent recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors can even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your residence also offers several useful benefits for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the leading culprits of home decay, but the sealing ability of a quality paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient platform that compiles all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Irvine, KY and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our all-in-one platform also enables you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality and value you need.