Find a pro in Island, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Island, KY. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Island, KY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Island, KY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.