Find a pro in Jonesville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Jonesville
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Jonesville, Kentucky
If you need roofing maintenance services in Jonesville, Kentucky, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.