Find a Cabinet Painter in La Center, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // La Center
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter which type of paint I pick for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated aesthetic. Typical wall paints will not stick sufficiently to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
How will I know I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to begin is by knowing precisely what aesthetic you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides written statements of all material and labor costs as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep stage a necessity prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also reach those edges that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only chip off and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What factors are considered when it comes to the cost of painting cabinets?
There are several factors that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around La Center, Kentucky, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, and it's advised to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, painters could bill you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project finished.
You'll need to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near La Center, Kentucky Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Life
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around La Center, Kentucky fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to show you their history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Discover all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near La Center, Kentucky confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.