Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Latonia, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement task that plenty of homeowners find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent perks of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and simple project to refresh their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the chaos of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What are the differences of cabinet refacing and the refinishing of cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are big differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors and drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the existing doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and gives a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often could cabinets be refinished?
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make furniture appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the quality of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project can last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than buying new models and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a large range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to boost its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in perfectly with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves less chaos to your home in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Latonia, KY have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
One Site With All The Information Necessary To Hire The Right Cabinet Refinisher in Latonia, KY Confidently
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many homeowners in Latonia, KY have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more homeowners are beginning to refinish their cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Latonia, KY confidently.