Find a pro in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Lawrenceburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.