Find a Pro in Lebanon, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is interior painting worth it?
Almost always the answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Residence: A great paint job can communicate to interested buyers that you have taken good care of your home. Interior painting can also help sell a home that's on the market quicker, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your home in the near future, a good interior paint job by a professional painting contractor can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your home that really pays off.
- Improve Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it is one of the best tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your house recently and have older colors that you might not like anymore or didn't choose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel at ease. Also, many residents are working at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a higher priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, a fresh paint color can affect your mood as you desire — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), and even feel comfortable and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your House: Getting your interior painted secures your home now and prevents future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Common interior walls are made of components that naturally retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption can result in compromised walls which can be detrimental to your home's structural integrity. Water within walls is a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from infiltrating the porous walls of your house.
- Boost Air Quality Throughout Your Residence: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. If you or your family have allergies, asthma, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and the perfect option for your home. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other allergens to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Fantastic: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls frequently show scratches, dings, and marks from wear and tear to your home over the years. Getting your house's interior painted eliminates most imperfections and can make your room look refreshed and clean. A fresh paint color for your interior can also modernize your living space.
What is the least busy season for painters?
A major selling point about hiring during the winter season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from doing projects, so painting professionals have more open spots in their schedules.
Therefore, it's possible they'll decrease their rates than what they typically do in peak times of the year like summer. Summer is a time when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
What is the preferred frequency for repainting the exterior of my home?
There are a few glaring things to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause problems too. Painting an exterior is a pretty big project, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set deadline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. A lot of experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try to find out, since possessing detailed information about the paint job can make a big difference. The type of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It's also useful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What all does a house painter do?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can assist with:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to pick the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can rely on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and will take care of this prep stage before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for damage. A professional painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be addressed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then direct you towards dependable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Conduct Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and made necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Expert Home Painters in in Lebanon, KY
When you're searching for a good residential painter near Lebanon, KY, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor who meets your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your property while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to elevate your comfort and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make great recommendations about different paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your home also supplies plenty of useful benefits for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert results will beautify your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a convenient tool that organizes all the important information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently search through profiles of professional painters in Lebanon, KY and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also allows you to directly contact expert residential painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Explore Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your hunt for a contractor who can deliver the quality and value you deserve.