Find a Pro in Lexington, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Kentucky // Lexington
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
How much can I expect to pay in labor costs for painting the inside of a home?
The cost to paint the interior of your home depends on the square footage of the space. One 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than an entire house, especially a big home.
On average, expect to pay between $3 and $7 per square foot when enlisting a local painter to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or reside in an area with low labor costs. However, certain factors can cause the job to cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
How long is the best schedule for repainting the exterior of a home?
There are some evident signs to look out for, like cracking and chipping paint; however, there are also some less evident things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Since every home differs from one another, there is no set timeline to apply another coat, which makes this more difficult for homeowners. Most experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years, depending on other variables such as where you're located, weather, and the previous paint job.
After buying a house, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The kind of paint utilized, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all impact its longevity. It's also helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether the house was painted on a bright or overcast day can affect how well the paint dries.
What array of services can a house painter provide?
Here are examples of what an expert painter can assist with:
- Choose Colors: In case you're struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. This will save you time, and you can count on the experience of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service residential painter understands this and will take care of the prep work before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A knowledgeable painting contractor will let you know if they notice things like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards reliable contractors to perform these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Carry Out Light Fixes: Expert painters are proficient at carrying out such repairs. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When employing an expert painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has cleaned the home's surfaces, looked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the going rate per hour for most painters?
The average painting contractor's cost of services ranges between $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include taxes or overhead.
Take into account that this cost is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting specialist hourly. That's only the labor. Insurance, tax, tools, or any gallons of paint is not added in that cost.
Knowledgeable Home Painters Near in Lexington, Kentucky
When you want a reliable residential painter in Lexington, Kentucky, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and schedule. Painting your house is a smart way to breathe new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that gives a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a freshly painted house can enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you have to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Various colors can even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and interior of your home also features several useful advantages for its durability. Paint works as a layer of defense to protect the wood from a host of issues resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing capability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly platform that collects all the important information to help you uncover the best painting contractor for the job. Easily browse through profiles of professional painters in Lexington, Kentucky and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, cost, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message expert residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the contractor who can deliver the quality services you deserve.