Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Loretto, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What kind of benefits should I look forward to by choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that plenty of people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a smart way to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than replace it. Some other excellent perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple method to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a qualified contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words sometimes used interchangeably, but there are big differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has its own unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How long can refinished cabinets retain their new look
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture appear the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will last before the service must be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth the effort?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it might be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective way to enhance its value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets could already fit in well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Loretto, Kentucky have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Find The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Loretto, Kentucky
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Loretto, Kentucky have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood materials.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less disruptive to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Loretto, Kentucky with confidence.