Find a Pro in Midway, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What considerations are important when selecting the exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the right choice. It's relatively affordable to boost how your home looks with assistance from a trained and equipped contractor. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when selecting a color arrangement for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you select should complement the overall look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are elegant tones that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that sticks out from the others, oranges and yellows are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, neutral colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What are the reasons for engaging the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Seeking an exterior painting contractor to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a high-quality result than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you have the materials and skills to perform the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've gained from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their workmanship. From power washing the siding, applying primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to hire a contractor to do it all. With their first-rate practices and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to worry about them cutting corners or providing less-than-satisfactory results.
How can you prepare your house for an exterior painting job?
Exterior painting provides the best results when it's done with close attention to detail and sticking to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the training, materials, and methods to do the project with outstanding workmanship. Remarkable workmanship starts with taking preliminary steps that allow the paint to stay and look great for many years. These are certain steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt offers you a clean area to begin working on, so using power washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Scrape off loose paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can take care of irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work with a clean texture.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on windows and trim to then paint it for a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to allow the paint to stick.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The cost of exterior painting services depends on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-story home can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to boost their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how skilled your contractor is because it can equal high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and provide you with a free estimate for the costs you can expect to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Painting Companies in Midway, KY
Start your search for an exterior painter on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and recruit companies in Midway, KY. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can hire a contractor with the skills and knowledge to offer high-quality services. You can upgrade your home's curb appeal with fresh paint that offers a hardwearing barrier preventing damage from moisture simultaneously. By seeking out a painter to handle the project, you're making sure it'll meet your specifications.
On our all-inclusive home management platform, you can quickly browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can check out pictures from previous exterior painting projects to get a better idea of their degree of expertise. Look through contractor profiles and easing your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's streamlined and easy to use for homeowners to pick the best candidates for the project in their area. You can even send direct messages, request an estimate, and book an appointment all in one place.
Discuss the details of the job with an exterior painter who can deliver helpful recommendations and help you decide on an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted house can raise your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a place. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with assistance from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and perform exceptional craftsmanship. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and reach out to a knowledgeable professional to take care of the entire process with the utmost attention to detail.