Find a Cabinet Painter in Morehead, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Morehead
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what kind of paint I choose for my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their elegant appearance. Typical wall paints will not adhere properly to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
How can I pick the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their previous work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Check that any painter you consider provides written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up once the project has started that will raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by assessing any online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these are also an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep step necessary before painting my cabinets?
It's may be tempting to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but a professional will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that all dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also reach those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing cost of painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Morehead, Kentucky, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Morehead, Kentucky Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A smart way to increase the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of heavy use and give them an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Morehead, Kentucky varies, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the fluctuation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in decent enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting professional matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Morehead, Kentucky easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.