Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Mount Eden, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more affordable than installing new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a huge range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Mount Eden, KY have communicated spending as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Which licenses or qualifications are important to check for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
While there aren't industry-mandated licenses specifically for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can look for when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring results that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online client reviews.
A reputable professional can give a clear written estimate of the job before it starts, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have exceptional communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding budget, time, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also inquire for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another factor that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are involved as a contractor refinishes cabinets?
A contractor working on your cabinet refinishing project will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally many steps used to transform the appearance of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets should be first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all gear will be disassembled, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some small issues, such as cracks, dings, or similar blemishes in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to get the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step is critical to ensuring a high-quality outcome, and may need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. A quality inspection will guarantee the finished results meets your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's important to note that every refinishing project will vary depending on aspects such as the kind of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, contractors may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to speak directly with anyone you hire to guarantee they can bring your vision to reality.
What kind of benefits can I expect when choosing to refinish my cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement task that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than totally replacing them is a good way to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than replace it. A few other amazing perks of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free method to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're repurposing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect excellent results when you hire a vetted contractor to carry out your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to make sure your cabinets come out as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Hire The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing in Mount Eden, KY
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary perks, and many homeowners in Mount Eden, KY have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a role in why more homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Mount Eden, KY with confidence.