Find a Pro in Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it generally cost for labor to paint the interior of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your house is dependant on the overall size of the room. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than an entire house, especially a spacious home.
You can expect to spend around $3 and $7 per square foot when hiring a local professional to paint the interior of your house. You'll spend less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in a location with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend upwards of $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How often do I need to paint the exterior of my house?
There are a few glaring signs to look out for, such as cracking and chipping paint, but there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Painting an exterior is a pretty extensive job, so it's always a good idea to hire painting specialists.
Since every house is different, there is no set deadline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
When you've just acquired a new home, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's always recommended to try and find out, because having detailed information about the paint job will be critical. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the house was painted on a bright or cloudy day can affect how well the paint dried.
What array of services does a residential painter carry out?
Examples of the tasks an expert painter generally conducts include:
- Select Colors: When struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that haven't been fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and will take care of this prep stage before painting begins.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These issues must be remediated before painting can commence, of course. Your service may then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they will take care of it themselves.
- Do Repairs: Expert painters are proficient at performing such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and other similar jobs. When hiring a vetted painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped the home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and conducted necessary repairs, they will commence painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or product included.
Keep in mind that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. Insurance, taxes, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Find a Qualified House Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces in in Mount Sterling, Kentucky
When you require a dependable residential painter near Mount Sterling, Kentucky, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting its value. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that gives a good return on your investment in more ways than one.
How a newly painted house can boost your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about various paint brands and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also gives several practical advantages for its durability. Paint works as a sealant to protect the wood from a variety of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your home inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a simple platform that collects all the relevant information to help you find the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily look through profiles of vetted painters in Mount Sterling, Kentucky and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique system also allows you to directly contact professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and begin narrowing down your search for the contractor who will deliver the quality and value you need.