Find Deck Staining in Newport, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Deck Staining Professionals nearDeck Staining // Kentucky // Newport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DECK STAINING
Which part of the year is suggested for performing a deck staining project?
Deck staining is a seasonal project and you'll get better results when performing it in suitable weather conditions:
- Temperature - Applying stain to any deck is better when the temperature is fair, typically between 50°F and 90°F. Staining under very hot and colder temperatures can affect the application and drying process.
- Humidity - Lower humidity levels are preferred when deck staining, as excessive moisture can extend drying times and raise the danger of mildew issues.
- Rain Forecast - All stains feature directions on how long curing should take, and it's required that it remains dry throughout this period. Your project's scheduling must take into consideration the rain forecast and preferably be completed 24 to 48 hours prior to any chance of showers.
Before staining a deck, what are the preparatory actions that are taken?
Careful prep of the deck and the surrounding spaces must be conducted to ensure a good result. Obstructing grass and plants will need to be cut, and any pathways or other structures should be covered with a tarp to eliminate coming into contact with the stain. The wood of the deck might need to be washed or sanded to facilitate good penetration and adhesion.
Selecting the best stain for any deck is a part of the preparation and requires careful consideration, including factors such as:
- Type of Wood - Some types of wood will gain more from particular stains that will provide your deck a better look and durability.
- The opacity of the Stain - The opaqueness of stains for decks ranges from clear to solid, with solid usually providing superior protection from water and sun damage. If your wood species is known for minimal strength, consider a solid or semi-solid stain for long-term preservation.
- Coordination With Your Home - You can pick a stain based on its color and opaqueness to accentuate or stand out from the appearance of your house and yard.
What are some advantages of staining a deck versus painting it?
Deck staining and painting have their own benefits, so it's important to analyze which option most fits your needs when deciding between them. The two most significant benefits of painting are its extensive variety of colors and enhanced surface preservation. However, paint also needs more upkeep because of flaking and fading relatively soon. Conversely, stain will not peel if properly cured, needs less effort to care for, and has other benefits, including:
- Soaks Into the Wood - Unlike paint, which merely sits on the surface, stains penetrate the wood, providing a deep layer of protection against moisture, UV rays, and other elements.
- Special Additives - Many stains contain additives that enhance durability, primarily pigments that block UV rays, chemicals that resist rot, and insecticides that discourage bugs from eating the wood.
Talk about the advantages of deck staining and painting with the experts listed on Thumbtack to decide which option will be right for your needs.
Why do so many homeowners say deck staining is a smart investment?
Staining a deck provides several advantages, such as enhancing its style, extending its lifespan, and increasing its structural integrity. Similar to paint, stains come in a variety of hues and opacities that can help reinvigorate the style of your house and yard. You're not limiting yourself when picking deck staining instead of painting, as you still have several choices to accentuate your home or create a look that stands out on its own.
The protection that stain offers your deck will be well worth the cost of enlisting a professional who can guarantee excellent results. The weather in Newport, Kentucky is the biggest threat to your deck, and regardless how durable the kind of wood it's made with, a good coat of stain will safeguard it from water and UV rays that will destroy it over time. A few other advantages of deck staining include inhibiting insects and mold from destroying the wood and low maintenance. Hire a professional listed on Thumbtack to stain your deck the right way and get the most out of your investment by prolonging its lifespan.
Hire a Deck Staining Contractor in Newport, Kentucky on Thumbtack and Get the Aesthetic and Durability You Envisioned
Deck staining is great for revitalizing its appearance and providing unmatched durability from the climate and pests that will destroy it over time. A dependable contractor can handle the difficult task for you, from prep to application and curing, to guarantee it comes out the way you expected.
Enlisting a professional is highly recommended if you lack experience performing deck staining or the time to dedicate to the project. Working with stains demands careful attention to detail to ensure an even application and that it cures correctly to safeguard the wood from moisture, sun, and pests. You will also benefit from the knowledge that experts can offer regarding choosing the right stain for the kind of wood your deck is built with to ensure you achieve the desired look. Although stain doesn’t offer as much variety as paint, plenty of hues and opacities are still available to help your deck stand out as a unique visual element of your home.
Many homeowners struggle with choosing to paint or stain their deck, and both options come with unique advantages. Painting gives better variety of colors and aesthetics and is great for protecting surfaces. The downside is that you’ll need to repaint many times throughout the years as it flakes away beneath steady use and changing weather conditions. Conversely, stain soaks deeper into the wood and contains pigments that block destructive UV rays and other additives that protect it from mildew and insect damage. Stain also won't need to be reapplied for a few years if adequately cured.
Staining any deck demands a practiced hand and thoughtful consideration through every step of the process. Performing the task at an unseasonable time of year or applying it haphazardly will result in less protection and an uneven appearance. Save time and eliminate the headaches of doing it all yourself by hiring an expert who can deliver stellar results. Compare staining contractors in Newport, Kentucky and choose the right one suiting your needs and budget all in one place with the powerful Thumbtack platform.