Find a Cabinet Painter in Olive Hill, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Olive Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will it matter what kind of paint I use for my cabinets?
A frequently asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How can I choose a cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to uncover the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of consideration. The first place to begin is by knowing precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their previous work matching your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and skill. Professional contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the project about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's may be tempting to quickly start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its gear, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my existing cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Olive Hill, Kentucky, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Olive Hill, Kentucky to Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to enhance the appeal of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and give them a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Olive Hill, Kentucky varies, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your present cabinets may be in good enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll be proud to own.
When looking for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should analyze their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be happy to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all the information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Olive Hill, Kentucky easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.