Find a Pro in Owenton, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
Is paying for interior painting a smart decision?
The short answer is yes, and there are other valuable benefits to be had from interior painting services:
- Raise the Value of Your Home: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your property. Interior painting will also help sell a house that's on the market quicker, even over listing price. Even if you are not contemplating selling your house in the near future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. It is an investment in your property that really pays off.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: Since interior painting is a relatively inexpensive way to update your residence, it can be one of the best tools to make your home a more comfortable and happy space. If you have not painted your interior in the past few years and have poor colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your home may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Additionally, many residents are choosing to work at home and/or staying home more in general, so making the interior of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the option you select, a new paint color will help you feel differently — peaceful and relaxed (blues and greens), lively and productive (yellows and oranges), or even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Property: Having your interior painted safeguards your home now by preventing future damage from happening inside and outside of your walls. Many interior walls are manufactured with materials that easily retain moisture. Eventually, too much absorption will result in degraded walls which can be detrimental to your property's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which may result in health dangers. Paint is designed to seal out moisture from getting into the porous walls of your residence.
- Boost Air Quality in and Around Your Home: Paints now are manufactured with low or no VOCs. If you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your household. A fresh application of paint also keeps dust and other pollutants to a minimum which will improve your household's air quality exponentially.
- Make Your Home Look Great: Most residences harbor flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Having your house's interior painted covers all imperfections and will make your room look refreshed and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your residence.
What is the slowest time of year for painters?
One of the biggest selling points about booking within the colder months is that it's a slower time of year for painting services. The weather often keeps most homeowners from wanting to do home improvement projects, so professional painters are more readily available.
Therefore, they might be able to decrease their price than what they normally charge in busier times of the year like summer. This is when most painters are booked and don't have time for other appointments.
How long is the suggested schedule for repainting the exterior of a house?
There are a few glaring signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can create issues as well. Exterior painting is a pretty big job, so it's never a bad idea to book expert painters.
Because every property is different, there is no set timeline to repaint, which makes this more difficult for people. Most experts say that you'll need to paint approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, weather, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've recently purchased a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's a good idea to try and find out, since having detailed information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint utilized, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its durability. It may be helpful to know the season in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a sunny or overcast day can affect how well the paint dried.
What services fall under the domain of a residential painter?
Some of the services an expert painter usually conducts include:
- Advise the Best Colors: If you're struggling to choose the best colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. This will save you time, and you can depend on the knowledge of your hired expert.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a difficult time adhering to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they discover anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can begin, of course. Your service could then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: The best painters are proficient at carrying out such fixes. These include drywall fixes, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By hiring an expert painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painter has cleaned your home's surfaces, checked for structural issues, and made necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
Find a Qualified Residential Painter To Beautify Your Living Spaces Near Near Owenton, KY
When you're searching for a dependable house painter in Owenton, KY, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and needs. Painting your house is a smart option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing its curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every few years is a relatively low-cost and fast home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to life or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood for anyone visiting a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and calm while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and inside of your house also brings several useful advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to secure surfaces from a host of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a good paint job will keep those building materials dry – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your residence inside and out, significantly raising its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is a user-friendly site that compiles all the necessary information to let you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Owenton, KY and the surrounding areas prioritizing the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our all-in-one system also permits you to directly contact expert house painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.