Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Owingsville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years can refinished cabinets last
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished many times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the quality of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be followed up depends on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service could last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How will I know if cabinet refinishing is a good choice to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a wise investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing can be done in a large range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively affordable way to boost its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
People in Owingsville, KY have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, assess your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications are good to check for in a cabinet refinishing professional?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are some qualifications and indicators of expertise that you can refer to when hiring someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You should ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially for results that are similar to the style you're trying to achieve. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will highlight their experience and reliability with online customer reviews.
A reputable professional should supply a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of work, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to possess good communication skills and a readiness to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and craftsmanship during the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have faith in the quality of their craftsmanship.
How do experts conduct cabinet refinishing?
A professional taking care of your cabinet refinishing task will adhere to an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are usually many steps used to transform the style of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first assessed to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If they are, all hardware will be removed, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Repair and Fill: Some insignificant issues, such as scratches, dents, or other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the style you're looking for. The drying and curing stage will be vital to imparting a high-quality result, and could need a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain completely cures, all hardware will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing process can vary based on aspects like the type of cabinets and the chosen finish. Additionally, contractors may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to achieve specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate clearly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Owingsville, KY
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your home by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Owingsville, KY have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, boosting the value of your home simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are choosing to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Owingsville, KY with confidence.