Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Paris, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more worthwhile to go with a replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce waste by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and matches your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Property owners in Paris, KY have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to deciding on cabinet refinishing, analyze your personal preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any specific certifications or qualifications when hiring a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there aren't industry-mandated certifications designed for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will prominently display their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You will want to ask the contractor you are thinking about hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished for previous clients, especially featuring results that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a picture gallery, most professional contractors will showcase their experience and reliability with online customer feedback.
A reputable expert can give a detailed written estimate of the job before it begins, outlining the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors need to have adequate communication skills and be able to answer any questions and concerns regarding budget, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. It would be wise to also ask for warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have faith in the quality of their workmanship.
What steps are involved as an expert refinishes cabinets?
A professional taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for speed and excellent results. There are generally numerous steps taken to transform the aesthetic of existing cabinets, such as:
- Assessment and Preparation: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in good enough condition to be refinished. If so, all hardware will be taken off, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces need to be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Repair and Fill: Some minor issues, such as cracks, dents, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled to better blend in when staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing method will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase will be critical to giving a high-quality outcome, and may require several hours to complete.
- Reassembly: Once your paint or stain has dried, all hardware will be reattached and cabinets completely reassembled for use. Performing a quality inspection will guarantee the final project satisfies your standards, which includes a final cleanup of the full work area.
It's important to keep in mind that every refinishing process can vary depending on aspects like the size of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may employ detailed methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which will require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to life.
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing rather than buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of totally replacing them is a good practice to reduce your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great advantages of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can dramatically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively little work or resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and easy method to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You can expect professional results when you hire an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is crucial to make sure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Hire The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Paris, KY
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Paris, KY have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this valuable information and more is on the simple-to-use Thumbtack site so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Paris, KY with confidence.