Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Petersburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Kentucky // Petersburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish old cabinets instead of install new models?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many homeowners find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets rather than buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The method of producing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when you choose to repurpose current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent benefits of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Efficient: Buying and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically change the look of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and simple project to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll receive high-quality outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets come out as you planned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
In what ways will cabinet refacing and refinishing them differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are significant differences between them and professional contractors will need to understand what service you need. Refacing focuses on substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing refreshes the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has its own unique approach and gives a distinctive result in the appearance of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets be refinished
One of the best advantages with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look as it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which you can refinish cabinets is dependent on several factors, including the durability of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing project could last anywhere between five and ten years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the most suitable option for my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you might want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already work well with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents in Petersburg, Kentucky have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is right for you.
Discover a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Petersburg, Kentucky
Cabinet refinishing is an excellent way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and several homeowners in Petersburg, Kentucky have reported spending up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why many homeowners are starting to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that aligns with eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Petersburg, Kentucky with confidence.