Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Russell Springs, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the advantages associated with cabinet refinishing versus purchasing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement task that plenty of people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when people choose to repurpose existing furniture rather than throw it out. A few other amazing advantages of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the capability to dramatically switch up the look of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple technique to update their style compared to installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the long process of having new cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll receive professional outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets differ?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms sometimes used interchangeably, but there are significant differences between the two and professional contractors will need to know which service you need. Refacing is a process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing transforms the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has a unique approach and imparts a certain outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look the way it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times you can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, such as the quality of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long your refinished cabinets will hold up before the project needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what sort of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing project should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
Is cabinet refinishing worth it?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always more cost-effective than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When the cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it could be more worthwhile to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you may want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better Return on Investment: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing is a relatively affordable project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets may already work perfectly with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in minimal disruption to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Homeowners of Russell Springs, KY have communicated paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Prior to choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this project is best for you.
Hire a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Russell Springs, KY
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the look of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary advantages, and many people in Russell Springs, KY have reported paying up to 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another great benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less disruptive to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through galleries of past work, if they offer any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the powerful Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Russell Springs, KY confidently.