Find a pro in Salt Lick, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Salt Lick, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Salt Lick, KY. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our app.