Find a Cabinet Painter in Science Hill, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Kentucky // Science Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there a difference with cabinet paint and regular paint?
An often asked question is about the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their sleek appearance. Typical wall paints may not stick sufficiently to cabinets and can start chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint contractors utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically used on walls.
How do I know I've found the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The best place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work matching what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any painter you consider provides documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reliability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers available online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Do I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
How much will I have to pay to paint my current cabinets?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Science Hill, Kentucky, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of materials if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with one gallon typically being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your home's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Science Hill, Kentucky to Bring Your Ideas to Reality
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your house and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will match your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Science Hill, Kentucky fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, factors such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets might be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should analyze their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Science Hill, Kentucky easily with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.