Find a pro in Simpsonville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Simpsonville, Kentucky. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Simpsonville, Kentucky
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Simpsonville, Kentucky. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Simpsonville, Kentucky. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.