Find a Pro in Spottsville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you choose?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the perfect choice. It's fairly inexpensive to enhance how your home looks with help from a skilled and equipped painting contractor. These are some of the factors you should think about when picking a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color scheme: The colors you choose should complement the general look you're aiming for and the ambiance you want to create. Make the space your own, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish hues that have the ability to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For fresh color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are bold enough to do the trick.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like gray, beige, and off-white can make a home feel more cozy and content.
What benefits come with the choice to recruit a professional for exterior painting?
Hiring an exterior painter to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a better outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects rarely go as planned unless you're equipped with the tools and skills to carry out the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of covering up mistakes, homeowners can seek an exterior painter to perform the job as efficiently as possible. The knowledge they've gained from their experience in the industry will be mirrored in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a contractor to carry it out. With their high-quality approach and guaranteed craftsmanship, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or delivering subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting offers excellent results when it is completed with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional painters are prepared with the skills, tools, and methods to perform the job with exceptional craftsmanship. Superb craftsmanship starts with taking precautions that allow the paint to stick and look beautiful for a long time. These are certain steps you need to take to get ready for an exterior painting job:
- Pressure wash: Getting rid of dirt and grime provides you with a spotless area to work with, so using pressure washing equipment is a great way to wash it off.
- Scrape off chipped paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will get rid of cracked or flaky pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair irregularities on exterior of your home so that you can work on a smooth finish.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on windows and trim to then paint it with a smooth finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been smoothed out to allow the paint to stick.
Can you offer a quote of the cost involved in exterior residential painting?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-level home can cost around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a great investment for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements all year round. Other criteria that can contribute to the overall cost is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can equate to higher quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Contact a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and offer you a free, upfront quote for the price you can expect to pay.
Thumbtack is the Best Way to Find Exterior Painting Companies in Spottsville, Kentucky
Begin browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and hire companies in Spottsville, Kentucky. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can recruit a professional with the skills and knowledge to offer outstanding services. You can update your home's curb appeal with a fresh pop of color that also offers a durable barrier preventing damage from moisture. By hiring a painter to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll be of high-quality standards.
On our all-inclusive home management app, you can efficiently look for painters, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain an understanding of their degree of expertise. Search through candidate profiles and narrowing down your search is a quicker process when you download our no-cost platform. It's systematic and simple to use for anyone to pick the best professional for the job near them. You can even direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and schedule a consultation all on one platform.
Review the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can provide you with beneficial tips and help you brainstorm an attractive color scheme. Having a newly painted home can raise your property value and generally make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's awesome what a good sheen, color, and application can do to ameliorate a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local contractors ready to begin the project and perform excellent craftsmanship. Get outstanding results by downloading our home management platform and get in touch with a knowledgeable professional to take care of the whole process with close attention to detail.