Find a pro in Williamsburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Williamsburg, KY. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Williamsburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Williamsburg, KY
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Williamsburg, KY, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.