Find a pro in Wilmore, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Wilmore, Kentucky
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Wilmore, Kentucky. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.