Find a pro in Wingo, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Wingo, Kentucky. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Wingo, Kentucky
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Wingo, Kentucky, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.