Find a pro in Arnaudville, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Arnaudville, Louisiana
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Arnaudville, Louisiana, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.