Find a pro in Baldwin, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Baldwin, LA
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Baldwin, LA. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Baldwin, LA. Get the premium roofing services you need for your home now.