Find a pro in Crowley, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Crowley, LA
If you need roofing maintenance services in Crowley, LA, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.