Find a pro in Dequincy, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Dequincy, LA. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Dequincy, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Dequincy, LA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dequincy, LA. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.