Find a pro in Des Allemands, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Des Allemands
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Des Allemands, LA
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Des Allemands, LA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.