Find a Cabinet Painter in Deville, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // Deville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the style of my cabinets?
A commonly asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs longer drying and curing times than those usually used on walls.
How do I choose the right painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your needs and vision requires a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to start is by understanding exactly what style you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view samples of their past work matching your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. The last thing you want is for any surprises to pop up once the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the professional's dependability by checking their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How much will I need to budget to paint my kitchen cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Deville, LA, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the job finished.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Discover a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Deville, LA Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
A quick way to enhance the value of your house and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and provide an updated look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painter in Deville, LA fluctuates, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your location, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets could be in good enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While searching for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share their history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Locate all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Deville, LA confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.