Find a pro in Dulac, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Dulac, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Dulac, LA. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.