Find a pro in Evangeline, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Evangeline, LA. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Evangeline, LA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Evangeline, LA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Evangeline, LA. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.