Find a Cabinet Painter in Forest Hill, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Louisiana // Forest Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
What type of paint is used on cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the type of paint usually used for home walls will encounter some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek look. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets or start to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also needs extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my job?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the most suitable one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what look you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their past work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Make sure that any professional you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project has started that will raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Do I have to prime cabinets cabinets before painting?
It's may be enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it on your own, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life beginning with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and its components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable strides, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Is it expensive to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are many things that affect the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Forest Hill, Louisiana, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters might bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: Your contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll need to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painter in Forest Hill, Louisiana to Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to boost the appeal of your property and refresh the look of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and deliver an updated look that will suit your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor near Forest Hill, Louisiana varies, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets might be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their client reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all important information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter in Forest Hill, Louisiana confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.