Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Gheens, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How will cabinet refinishing be advantageous?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that plenty of homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good practice to reduce your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases pollution into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. A few other great perks of choosing cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and putting in new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to drastically change the style of your kitchen through relatively little work and resources.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and easy project to update their look versus installing new ones. Because you're repurposing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get excellent results when you hire a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and skill is critical to guarantee your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
What is the difference between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are significant differences between the two and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing focuses on replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors and drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each technique has a unique approach and delivers a certain effect in the style of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best things with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process must be done again is dependent on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A well-done cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere between five and ten years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When will cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my space?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than purchasing new models and is a wise investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a look that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance its value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already fit in great with your kitchen's layout and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimal Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your home in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Gheens, LA have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before deciding on cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific needs, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Platform With All The Information Needed To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Gheens, LA With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many homeowners in Gheens, LA have reported paying up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be many times less disruptive to your home than the mess generated to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone working with a shorter timeframe.
When searching for an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their knowledge and skill through galleries of past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Gheens, LA with confidence.