Find a pro in Hayes, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Hayes, LA
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Hayes, LA, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.